Saturday 13 March 2010

Alice, Johnny and a tussle with elastic

Johnny Depp is my hero so I tend to watch most of his films. I also like Tim Burton films so Alice in Wonderland caught my attention.  The Boy booked us premier seats at The Vue a couple of nights ago so we went to see it.  The jury's still out.  I liked bits and am still wondering about other bits.  I couldn't even drool over Johnny as he looked decidedly weird.  Unusually for me I can't even comment on how close it stuck to the books.  I had a big, old fashioned copy of Alice in Wonderland when I was a child.  You know the type, it had fabric covered bindings and the pages were made from good quality, glossy, china clay paper.  I opened it often but the pictures in it scared me so I never got round to reading it.  I guess the film had a bit of the scary aspect in it but it was a bit less dark and frightening than I was expecting.  I suppose I'm an adult now and don't scare so easily :o)  Mind you, The Boy nearly scared me witless this morning when he burst into the bedroom to get ready for work as I was still in bed dozing.

Because the film finished quite early there was still time to play with my beads and be creative before bed time.  I had some new Elastoma beading thread and just enough white Indian glass beads to make a bracelet with.  So I set to it.  The trouble with making things without a pattern is that you have to make a best guess at how much wire or thread to cut and I'm not the best at guessing.  Note to self: 2 inches of extra elastic is not enough to comfortably tie off the ends.  Much to The Boy's amusement I lost count of the number of times I had to restring the beads because the elastic pinged and sent the beads flying.  I got there in the end, thankfully and this is the result.  It's a lovely, comfortable fit on my wrist, which isn't too fat but isn't exactly skinny either.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous bracelet! Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will have to buy some more. I'm all out of white but I do have some in a dusky pink that I want to try mixing with some other lovely beads I bought on Etsy and at the Scottish bead fair.

    ReplyDelete