Saturday 6 March 2010

Pakaging and the brand image

It's one thing being able to make things.  It's another thing making things that other people want to buy.  And it's a totally different ball game creating a brand image for your products and being able to package it in an attractive and professional looking way.

So I spent today re-branding.  Sorry - that suggests I had a brand image in the first place.  I quite clearly didn't.  All I had was a vague notion.  The three things I've sold already have gone out in pretty organza bags but that's about it.  On the other hand, the things I've bought have come with a variety of neat little touches that make them seem that little bit more special.

I looked at customised sticky "thank you" labels  that you can use to seal your creations before you package them for posting but none looked like what I wanted.  And they were a bit expensive, especially as I haven't had enough sales yet to cover the costs.  So I went to WH Smith and browsed their stock of labels.   It was a pitiful selection.  I really wanted round ones (which would no doubt have taxed my computer skills to the limit) but they weren't to be had.  So I ended up with little retangular ones.  What do you think?  They're tiny:

 

I also didn't feel happy that the earrings I've shipped already were only wrapped in tissue paper inside an organza bag.  I haven't been able to find earring pads/cards that I liked so, once again I thought I'd have a go at making my own.  Now my earrings will go out looking like the photo below.  I think it's pretty cool.  And I can punch the cards different ways for earrings and phone charms like this:




I can hardly wait for a sale so that I can use my new bits and pieces.  Sad, I know.  I may also have a problem if someone buys one of the larger items in my shop but I'm sure I can some up with something if that happens.  

OK, it's not perfect but suggestions for improvements and/or additions will be gratefully accepted.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment