Tuesday 25 May 2010

100% recycled - well nearly

On Friday night The Boy and I were going out for dinner with his sister and her new husband.  Not a formal, dressy occasion but a girl likes to look her best.  I was ready with about an hour to spare, apart from jewellery that is.  Odd as it may seem, I don't actually have a large, personal jewellery collection.  My top was green and sort of low cut so I wanted something to fill a space.  I decided my green wedding jewellery was just a bit to flash for the occasion so I gathered together my box of beads and bits that I've scavenged from other pieces of jewellery and set about looking for inspiration.  I think I did quite well in the time I had:


There is actually more green in these than my photography shows up.  The beads and metal components started off as parts of 3 different necklaces.  I even managed to recycle the jump rings.  Sadly, I can't claim they are 100% recycled as I had to use new elastic and beading wire to string the beads but there was hardly any new stuff included, honest!

Unfortunately, I didn't leave myself enough big beads in matching pairs to make earrings with so I may have to steal the end beads from the necklace to do that.  What do you think?  They don't look like they've been used before, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment