Friday 10 September 2010

An unusually productive afternoon

I'm still not sure how I managed it but I have had a productive afternoon despite the fact that The Boy was working from home today.  I managed to make a necklace (which I am currently wearing to make sure it's robust), a pair of earrings and two phone / handbag charms.

Earrings first.  I have a pile of beads that I made from Fimo clay and they have been calling my name, so first up was a pair of earrings featuring 2 of my clay creations.  They're big enough to catch the eye but lightweight because of the clay so they won't drag on the ear lobes:



Next up, two phone / handbag charms / zipper pulls, whatever people prefer to use them for.  I was kind of designing both of them simultaneously, as I do, because I had two slightly different thoughts running through my mind at the same time.  There was a bit of swapping about of components but the end result was one girly pink number featuring another of my hand made clay beads....

... and also a green and silver charm inspired by the lily pad in the dragonfly charm, eventually made using an irregular shaped lampworkk bead and some tiny semi-precious chips....


Last but not least, a necklace that I've been wanting to make for ages because the foiled beads have been taunting me from inside their box.  In the end I didn't use many of them.  I used more of the amber coloured glass beads and I finally found a project to use some of the lovely little round garnets that I bought ages ago.  The theme here is kind of autumnal:


I'm spreading my wares around a bit at the moment so some are on Etsy.com, some on Misi.co.uk and some on Folksy.com (a new venture for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment